I recently had to stop attending the feelings checkin group that I started, and found myself missing having a routine to reflect on how I’d been feeling. Shortly after I stopped feelings checkin, one of my friends became a housemate, and suggested that we have a nighttime checkin routine. We’ve developed a framework and set of questions that’s been useful for us - I hope you find it useful as well :)
Each person answers these questions in order, and others chime in ad-hoc:
- What are two facts about your day?
- What was a good part of your day?
- Feel free to talk about a bad part of your day <3
- What’s something someone did today that you appreciated?
- What’s something you did today that someone else appreciated?
- What’s something you learned today?
- What’s something you’re excited about tomorrow?
- Did you meet your goals for the day? How do you feel about that?
- What are your goals for tomorrow?